We had a great service at church this morning. Afterwards we went to have a Mother's Day lunch with Mom and Nannie and Poppa. The one down side today is my precious Aunt Shane, who is also like a mother to me fell and broke one arm and injured her other arm very badly. She's been on my mind all day and I hope she has a speedy recovery. It wasn't the same not seeing her face today. After lunch we headed back to our cars in the pouring down rain and back to Nannie's house. Larry made some yummy pie and we just relaxed and enjoyed each others company. Lastly, my favorite Mother's Day quote no matter how many times I've heard it or said it...it simply does not get old. Thank you Kal-El and Logan for making me the happiest Mommy on earth and thanks to my own mom for many fond memories that I can look back on.
Sunday, May 13, 2012
What Being a Mother Means To Me...
I can answer that question in one word, without hesitation...everything. I've known since I was a very small child that I wanted to be a mother. I've always held this dream close to my heart and envisioned it as part of my identity. I was overjoyed from the moment I found out I was pregnant with Kal-El and was no less excited about my second blessing with Logan. I hope my children know that no matter what I will always be there for them and I will always be "home" to them no matter what life brings. I will never change and my love for them is truly unconditional. This morning I awoke to beautiful cards from the boys in my life :) I always get the most touching cards from my husband. I always tell myself I won't cry but I always do. They are just so heart felt and the cards he gives me from the superheros are priceless to me. I'll keep them forever. I don't like big extravagant gifts for Mother's Day. I actually request home made crafts and keepsake cards. This is one occasion I don't want to be commercialized . I don't want gifts for being a mom...its what I love. It's what I live for.It's a gift itself and the greatest one a woman can receive. To not only be a part of creation but shaping another human beings life. A beautiful, remarkable journey. Knowing my little family of 4 loves me is all the gift in the world I could ask for. I feel truly blessed and thank God for them daily.
We had a great service at church this morning. Afterwards we went to have a Mother's Day lunch with Mom and Nannie and Poppa. The one down side today is my precious Aunt Shane, who is also like a mother to me fell and broke one arm and injured her other arm very badly. She's been on my mind all day and I hope she has a speedy recovery. It wasn't the same not seeing her face today. After lunch we headed back to our cars in the pouring down rain and back to Nannie's house. Larry made some yummy pie and we just relaxed and enjoyed each others company. Lastly, my favorite Mother's Day quote no matter how many times I've heard it or said it...it simply does not get old. Thank you Kal-El and Logan for making me the happiest Mommy on earth and thanks to my own mom for many fond memories that I can look back on.
We had a great service at church this morning. Afterwards we went to have a Mother's Day lunch with Mom and Nannie and Poppa. The one down side today is my precious Aunt Shane, who is also like a mother to me fell and broke one arm and injured her other arm very badly. She's been on my mind all day and I hope she has a speedy recovery. It wasn't the same not seeing her face today. After lunch we headed back to our cars in the pouring down rain and back to Nannie's house. Larry made some yummy pie and we just relaxed and enjoyed each others company. Lastly, my favorite Mother's Day quote no matter how many times I've heard it or said it...it simply does not get old. Thank you Kal-El and Logan for making me the happiest Mommy on earth and thanks to my own mom for many fond memories that I can look back on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- June (2)
- April (2)
- March (1)
- January (1)
- December (2)
- November (3)
- September (3)
- August (11)
- July (1)
- June (8)
- May (1)
- April (5)
- February (2)
- January (3)
- December (8)
- November (2)
- October (9)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (1)
- June (2)
- May (5)
- April (2)
- March (4)
- February (4)
- January (2)
- December (11)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (5)
- August (3)
- July (9)
- June (11)
- May (4)
- April (6)
- March (7)
- February (5)
- January (7)
- December (9)
- November (11)
- October (9)
- September (11)
- August (11)
- July (11)
- June (12)
- May (12)
- April (15)
- March (12)
- February (13)
- January (16)
- December (18)
- November (11)
- October (14)
- September (14)
- August (13)
- July (10)
- June (15)
- May (16)
- April (14)
- March (15)
- February (13)
- January (13)
- December (13)
- November (9)
- October (17)
- September (15)
- August (13)
- July (16)
- June (16)
- May (15)
- April (16)
- March (15)
- February (12)
- January (16)
- December (15)
- November (6)
- October (3)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (10)

Happy Mother's Day Lauren! =D
ReplyDeleteHappy Mother's Day!
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting my blog! I'm enjoying reading yours, especially seeing your two precious boys!
ReplyDeleteLeslie