Friday, July 20, 2012

A Few Thoughts on Turning 30.....

Well tomorrow is the BIG 3-0 for me. Even though last year a part of me thought I might panic I think its hilarious this year. That would have to be the high heel wearing glitzy side of me because the real me could care less. No actually I take that back. The real me is thrilled. I'm exactly where I want to be in life. I'm at such a happy, fulfilled, confident place. I truly think this best is yet to come. I've poured my two most positive attributes, my passion, and my constant quest for knowledge into my role as a mother. I think the benefit is more rewarding than any career job I could of even been successful with. I'm shaping human beings. Motherhood is my role for my 30's ...thru out life of course but this next decade is such a vital time in a childs upbringing. I've heard so many people quote the phrase motherhood isn't glamorous. Maybe not depending on your vantage point but its not a weak role. It takes strength and knowledge. Two words that far surpass any obnoxious "glam" title which quite frankly has really begun to bore the intellectual side of me at this point in life. We have no immediate plan for the birthday dinner. At least not right away. We are waiting to see how my sweet Nannie does over the next few days.  In the mean time, since I've seen these type lists on several other blogs I thought I'd make one of my own. You may learn something new about yours truly! :0)

30 Random Things About me:
1) I have a genuine love for humanitarian efforts and wish on a daily basis I did more in that area of my life. It's definitely a goal for this year.
2) I love dessert. I find it borderline impossible to eat a meal without having a dessert to follow. My waistline hates me this year.
3) Ironically, I dislike chocolate and peanut butter...two of the most popular dessert items...But I could DRINK almond I tell you....d-r-i-n-k it!
4) Newborns terrify me. The are so seemingly frail and I hold my breath until they are at least 3 months old. I love when they interact.
5) I miss reading...I love culinary mysteries...laugh if you must..but I'm a mystery lover and it doesn't get much better than a mystery and a recipe on every 3 chapter of a who-dun-it lol ;)
6) I'm very spiritual but not religious.
7) I majored in Psychology and worked for a psychiatrist for several years...I can pretty much diagnosis you in less than an hour beware...
8) But to be fair....I'm super neurotic. Thats my thing. If I can find a way to worry I will....every time..
9) I'm pretty tough though...If its not a tornado, a staph infection, or losing a family member I'm not afraid or intimidated by it. Period. Especially if it walks on two legs and shares the same oxygen I do. ;)
10) I'm a lefty.
11) I'm so right brain dominant that its pitiful. Tears come to my eyes if I even see a math problem but I can articulate with the best of them.
12) I still wear my heels too high and listen to rap music. Don't judge.
13) I'm passionate.. I love and fight with every bone in my body but I'm also very gentle and loving with people. Especially hurting people.
14) I keep a tight circle. I'm not the kind of person to maintain many active friendships. I'm not a loner just more family orientated.
15) My spelling is atrouious. LOL
16) I generally have a very dry quick witted sense of humor but I acquired I love for puns during my first pregnancy. I like even the really bad ones. Here's my favorite...What did one hat say to the other hat on a hat rack? You stay here...I'm gonna go on a head! bahahahaha....sorry I told you.
17) I modeled in my early 20's. I've been in maxim and FHM and a few other publications. I turned down Playboy in 05...even though I was opposed morally I cried over what I thought was a missed opportunity career wise..lol...now I know I'd cry had I of done it. Not sure though a few kids and cupcakes later I might of appreciated it...doubtful though....
18) I was flown out to LA to appear on Beauty and the Geek a few months later and was kicked off because I wasn't close minded enough and they were afraid I'd be kind to the geeks lol! I am a geek. A comic book reading proud geek!
19) My hubby has me addicted to MMA....unless he's fighting. In which case I lose my religion and sanity.
20) I'm not a warm weather fan. I'd like to take a winter vacation. Maybe a cabin in Aspen while I read a culinary mystery with skis on ;)
21) I usually root for the underdog.
22) I love themes and would throw a party everyday if I could.
23) I'm not the kind of Mommy that can leave her little people and go on vacays ....not judging...I just worry too much..I'm more of a home body and love nothing more than movies and snuggling on the couch with my hubby and babies.
24) I'm more of a morning person.
25) I'm such a control freak I can't even use cruise control in a car. True Story.
26) I still scream when bees get near me especially in my hair. Better add that to the tornado ,staph fear category at the top ;)
27)  I have at least concurred my elevator fear. Not so much claustrophobia in general. You wont catch me in a cave anytime soon. But the above mentioned heal wearing accompanied with having a 28lb non walking 1 year old has slowly turned elevators into my friends.
28) I'm not a people pleaser..I don't have a yes man bone in my body. I do NOT "drink the kool aid"
29) If we were to have another baby I really would like another boy. These guys have made me boy crazy...
30) Yes, I would name a 3rd after a superhero also without hesitation.me and the hubs are just cool like that..but if somehow it were a girl..my favorite part would be naming her Harley Quinn!
 These ALMOND cupcakes are in my refrigerator right now. Kal-El and I have been taking turns pacing in front of them. lol ;)
 Lastly, Here's a transcript of our earlier convo!
Kal-El : Why we pick up cupcakes today?
Me: Bc Bridget ordered these for Mommy's birthday but we're going to freeze them for a few days along with a cake Daddy ordered until the family can celebrate and all be together"
K: Mommy how old you be morrow?
Me: 30 baby...
K: Ummm...yay Mommy you gonna get bigger!?
Me: Dear God I hope not son!!
K: Aww you berry pretty
Me: Nice save Super

2 comments:

  1. You're too funny! Some of these I knew, but it's cool learning the others too. I hope your grandmother is able to come home and celebrate your 30th very soon!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive