Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Political & Life Stuff for Superheros ;)

     I know that my children will have accounts of current politics in their history books but I feel like its important to understand how things are viewed and the perspectives formed in their own households. With that being said...what I want most for my children is not share my ideals on everything in life but simply to take them into account when they begin the quest to discover who they are and what matters to them. I want them to be passionate as well as intellectual...thinkers with heart...and if at any point in time the fulfillment of both occurs and it leads them to a different point of view then my own I will not only be tolerant of their beliefs but embrace them as part of my children's identity.  The one thing I absolutely hope to instill in my little people (this becomes so relevant during elections years is this...do NOT let anyone EVER tell you how you "should" believe on social, political, and other issues. Your journey is your own. Not theirs to decide for you. On the same token...your own views are no more "right/correct" than anyone else's in their eyes. You can feel passionate about what you believe without putting others down. Not always an easy task when many truly are completely uninformed  but there are so many that will be like yourselves in their quest for understanding and simply come to a completely different educated conclusion on the matter. It's never an excuse to be hurtful or unkind to anyone. Diverse opinions and acceptance and tolerance of human beings that carry them will serve you well in life.
  We are a Christian house hold but please understand every other child you meet many not be. You may have a little Buddhist boy or a Jewish girl in your class, a child that doesn't practice a religion , or God forbid a Scientology  follower (lol I kid , I kid) when you start school.  Their mommies and daddies love them the same way your father and I love you. You can be 100% steadfast in your faith without feeling the need to convert them to your beliefs but it is important to hold true to yours. You should never let another human being make you feel uncomfortable. Never ever give anyone that power. No one...not one single person on this planet is better than you. You must also remember that YOU are absolutely NO better than anyone else either. Finding that balance of compassion with self belief and assertion may be challenging at but times but sweet sons if we aren't challenged we aren't growing.
  We are also a democratic household. I'm not delusional enough to buy into the notion that one side of politics is a magic band aid for all the problems in the world or our country. I'm also not "cool" enough of an intellectual elitist  to remain aloof and completely removed from all things political and label every other breathing human as "sheep" when they chose one of 2 parties. I just happen to share the majority of beliefs with democrats. No not all...I'm not a kool aid drinking robot but MOST. You will hear many misconceptions and I want you to understand the reasons why we believe the way we do on some of the larger issues. If the worst you ever hear about your mommy is that "shes a bleeding heart liberal" just smile and say thank you. I love humanity. I love people. I sincerely hurt when people hurt and I cry when people cry. Whether I know them or not. Whether their journey is anything like mine or not. Whether they have talked about me or prejudged, or stereotyped me. You see we all want the same thing in life...to be loved and validated. At the end of the day its all that matters. I'm not FOR hand outs anymore than than someone would ignorantly label a Republican pro war. No person of sound mind would be pro abortion or pro war. Painting issues so black and white is where alot of division comes in. Most people buy into that and celebrate the divide. I do, however, believe that a widow or single mother who is doing everything she possibly can, or a person who has lost a job and can't find employment that has a family to fed, or a person that suffers a disability should have temporary or permanent relief (depending on the case and severity)  until they are able to thrive again. I don't believe in hand outs. I believe in helping those that need help. With anything there will be a few that take advantage of any system. We can't blame greedy human nature on a party and we can't hurt those that are in need to spite those that take advantage...its fundamentally and morally wrong to me. I've never received any type of assistance I have a family that would be there if I was in a finical crisis that would never let us starve. Family is a luxury that not everyone has. I understand "life's not fair" but I'm not going to use that adage to act like an asshole. Sorry but its MY tax dollars to. Speaking of taxes....that argument on hand outs goes two ways. If lower income individuals are getting persecuted  for an extra steak a week and a cell phone...how is it a non issue that monetarily there are significantly MORE tax breaks for the very wealthy. News flash thats also an un needed often times unasked for unwanted HANDOUT.
  I love the American dream and I truly believe that you can be anything you want to be. I think people that can make millions off of a dream, a product, hard work should be inspirations for all of us. What I don't buy into is trickle down economics and the extreme worship of "small" business. I'm a stay at home mommy now thanks to my hard working husband but when I did work ...I'll tell you this. We need regulations. Do you think I got pay raises as deserved? Negative. Do you think the wealth was shared even minimally or do you think new Rv's where purchased and trips made? My tough luck? Maybe, but I think many can testify to NEVER seeing the trickle....you can keep your crumbs....and greed. I believe the economy grows from the middle out.
   I don't like dead babies and hug trees. I don't want my children's safety compromised in any capacity for the sake of development of resources. Human life shouldn't be compromised when the risk is too great under the guise of being self reliant. Along those same line...I dont feel that I could carry a pregnancy to full term that would jeopardize my life or render me inable to care for my two beautiful existing children. I despise the idea of abortion and I'm whole heartily against late term and partial birth abortions. What I wont do is tell a rape victim that she HAS to carry a child when her body has already been violated once. What I wont do is tell a mother that discovered her child will be born with an incurable extremely painful disease that most likely never see their first birthday that she will be forced to watch that suffering when we wont allow animals to go thru half that much. Judge away...your NOT my maker. I can't stand suffering. Not of endangered animals losing their homes, and especially not of people.
   War and trillions of dollars being poured into it is also an issue for me. The word GREED surfaces yet again....weapons of mass destruction did not. Loss of life...young life..for no reason at all. I fail to see how the democratic party is the side that's morally irresponsible. 
   We are NOT a third world country. No one should die here because they can't afford medical care. We have TWO insurances and I'll still go to bat for people who don't. If I have to wait an extra month or so for a routine mammogram because a poor woman has an existing lump please help me get out of her way...she's someones wife, daughter, mother to. We are one of the only developed nation who doesnt have universal health care. The stats are there. Look them up. I wont bore you with recited numbers. We don't live as long as some that have it. The scare tactics are thankfully failing. I'm sure its still very troublesome to GREEDY insurance companies and "legal" drug dealers.
  If two consenting adults that love each other want a civil union I think they should have it. While it many not be in coalition with my religious beliefs they may not share those beliefs. Should we only allow fellow Christians to get married? What about Atheists or other religions. Lets just make everyone marriage null and void if they don't believe as we do. I can see the amendments now. Scary. Tolerance....its all about tolerance.
Guns? Most people can't handle a shopping cart at walmart let alone a vehicle. So yea guns in absolutely anyone hands that wants one scares me. Do we have a gun? Yes we have a family to protect. Would I be appalled if it were a little harder to obtain or a slightly lengthier process to obtain another was necessary? Not in the slightest. 
 Lastly, race. Color of skin. Amount of melanin. ZERO relevance unless your an ignorant buffoon. Can you take pride that history was made and we have a diverse command and chief in from 2008-2016? Absolutely, but if thats the only thing you like about a particular candidate your not ready to vote. Content of character should be your guiding force in loving and relating to people. Even that won't be easy guys..black, white, purple, green, orange to find people of real substance and character. If you limit yourselves to one race it becomes significantly harder.
   Knowledge is a process. Growth is a process. The above may be alot but it really doesn't scratch the surface. You have plenty of time though. You may not have all of your convictions at once on certain issues. You may feel at times certain beliefs of yours contradict other beliefs you have. Don't fret. That goes both ways. Don't get discouraged just search for constant truth and never be afraid to voice who you are or take a stand in what you believe just remember to be respectful when doing so. Never let anyone question your beliefs because you are tolerant of theirs. I really believe it only takes one person to make a difference and I can't wait to see what wonderful young men you both become. We love you so very much and are here for you always with unconditional love and acceptance.  I'll end with two of my very favorite quotes and I promise the next posts will have pictures of my babies...but this time I just needed to talk to my babies <3 p="p">
"The price of the democratic way of life is a growing appreciation of people's differences, not merely as tolerable, but as the essence of a rich and rewarding human experience."

" People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost."
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive