I just wanted to take the time dedicate a post to all that I have going on in the business world right now. I considered setting up a separate blog for Capes & Crowns but declined for two reasons. For starters, it's sometimes challenging to keep up with things on my one blog already but most importantly everything I do is family related and my family is part of it one way of another. I write about Chris's fights on here etc so posts about my hobby/business fit in with everything else we have going on. Besides, my family is my single biggest source of inspiration so its highly appropriate I think!
This year Capes & Crowns is being published in a party magazine! I couldn't be more elated! It's so rewarding to see your hard work pay off. Last year, in August when I started Capes & Crowns I had a goal of being featured...not just anywhere but in Kara's Party Ideas...pretty steep aspirations for a newbie but I did it. Not once but 6 times and got offered a magazine feature with Bird's in the process. It's been like a dream come true for me. One of the hardest (big wink) part of my job is testing out vendor goodies for consideration for upcoming projects that I have in the works. I know tough work right? Well my waste line thinks so. I often laugh that I've had two types of portfolios in my life...my modeling portfolios from my 20's..which was always tons of fun but as far away from desserts as you could possibly get! I think this decades working portfolios are just a tad more fun and certainly sweeter! I still can't share my Bird's magazine theme just yet but I can't wait to have that paper issue in my hands! In the mean time I plan to update with craft projects that I am able to share for upcoming parties....can't wait! I've had a few people ask me about the magazine. You may not be familiar if you don't do much party planning but below are a few snapshots of the magazine :)
Lemon Cake ups and pops from Tunky Monkeys Bakery..to test....someones got to do it!
Thursday, January 10, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- June (2)
- April (2)
- March (1)
- January (1)
- December (2)
- November (3)
- September (3)
- August (11)
- July (1)
- June (8)
- May (1)
- April (5)
- February (2)
- January (3)
- December (8)
- November (2)
- October (9)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (1)
- June (2)
- May (5)
- April (2)
- March (4)
- February (4)
- January (2)
- December (11)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (5)
- August (3)
- July (9)
- June (11)
- May (4)
- April (6)
- March (7)
- February (5)
- January (7)
- December (9)
- November (11)
- October (9)
- September (11)
- August (11)
- July (11)
- June (12)
- May (12)
- April (15)
- March (12)
- February (13)
- January (16)
- December (18)
- November (11)
- October (14)
- September (14)
- August (13)
- July (10)
- June (15)
- May (16)
- April (14)
- March (15)
- February (13)
- January (13)
- December (13)
- November (9)
- October (17)
- September (15)
- August (13)
- July (16)
- June (16)
- May (15)
- April (16)
- March (15)
- February (12)
- January (16)
- December (15)
- November (6)
- October (3)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (10)








No comments:
Post a Comment