Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day 2013

   Being a dad is not an easy job. I truly believe that it takes a special man to sufficiently carry out that role. It requires a lot of love, sacrifice, and strength. I've been blessed to have had wonderful examples of what being a father is. I see it daily in my husband. I grew up with it with my grandfather and I've even learned alot from my own Father even though we dont have a relationship.I love having little boys and Im so thankful that they have Chris for a father. He has always been a natural with them...since day one. My world revolves around being a mom but I remember a time when Kal-El was a newborn with his adorable yet high maintenance self lol. Some days I felt like I was holding my breath until Chris got home from work. He was such a sense of calm and reassurance when I was unsure. I always say how thankful I am that I'm able to be home with our boys bc Chris works so hard but the role of a father doesnt start or stop at providing. He plays a much bigger role than that. Little boys watch their dads very closely and look up to them. Everything a man does after bringing a child into the world is viewed by tiny admiring eyes. I'm thankful Chris understands the weight of that. My boys are growing up with my grandfather just as I did. Talk about cherishing every second of something. I'm so happy they know him and what a remarkable person he is. The examples in their lives are so strong and I hope for them to always emulate that. The true measure of a man lies within the four walls where he dwells not the impression others get from him. I think its so important to celebrate dads and make them feel special. Chris doesnt like a lot of fuss on assigned holidays but I do it anyway. I also hope he realizes through my actions that he's loved, appreciated, and respected as not only a husband but a kick bootay superhero Dad! :0)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive