Saturday, June 15, 2013

Happy Birthday Logan!

      In a few short hours my little Logan will wake up as a two year old! Its so hard to believe bc it feels like just yesterday that I was in the hospital staring in disbelief at how beautiful he was and how much hair he was born with! I'm still in awe of him. He has the sweetest spirit on any human I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. I wish more people could be like him..even me. He's always so relaxed, content, and happy in the moment. From the day he was born he has been a  joy. Even as a newborn I  never had to swaddle him. I just laid him down softly and he'd gaze at me with sleepy eyes and fall right to sleep. I never had a clue when he cut a single tooth and can literally count on one hand the times I've heard him really cry. He's sweet but also so strong. He had RSV at 5 months old and was such a little trooper. He does things in his own time and his own pace. He didn't walk until he was 15 months old and one day he just got up and took off.  I've  learned so much about how to slow down and enjoy the moment thru him and not to rush a milestone. He's the strong silent  type...so much like Chris. He may have Chris's personality but he still looks like me :) Logan is so awesome he even laughs when I put on his shoes...he's just always that happy. I adore everyday interactions with him..even something as simple as grocery shopping..his eyes are always fixated on mine and as soon as we make eye contact he flashes me a smile that literally lights up the entire room. Its infectious...other people smile and life with him. He's special just like Kal-El but in a completely different way. He is joy embodied. He will always be my baby! I can't wait to have his actual party on the 29th once we are settled in our new home. He still loves Oso and thats his theme this year. Happy Birthday our little Wolverine. You are our world and we love you more than you'll ever know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive