Yesterday Chris and I took Kal-El to see The Man of Steel! Mom watched Logan for us. We wanted to have a little mini date with Super. We enjoyed lunch and then we were off to see the film. I have one word to describe it....FINALLY! They did it right. True fans will not be let down and we have waited a very very long time for this type of portrayal. I even used a word I hate to describe it...epic lol couldnt really help it. I was just that amazed. I ugly cried at least four times. Kal-El really enjoyed hearing his name and was still the entire 3 hours we were in the theater. They referred to him by his real name often mostly "Kal" for short but they said Kal-El about 4 times and I always glanced over to see a big smile spread across Kal-El's face. It was priceless for Chris and I. The thing I loved most about the film was that it revolved around his origin. That was a complaint of the critics. Hush. Thats WHO he is. Sorry if you dont like Krypton . Sorry if you just want a watered down Clark Kent. Sorry if you are not a real fan. This was Superman defined. It takes the silliness out of how hes often portrayed and brought the Superman that comic lovers adore to life...finally. The casting was perfection to. I just dont think they could of done a better job. When we first walked into the theater there were some very early arriving fan boys an entire row deep. When we walked in one of them looked at Kal-El and said "Well hey Superman" after seeing his attire...he kind of growled and mumbled "I'm Kal-El" lol I said "His name is Kal-El to" They looked shocked and laughed and thought it was the best thing ever. It is lol ;)
After the movie we dropped Kal-El off at moms with Logan and headed back out to sign papers on the new house! We finally closed at 7pm! It was such a long day but an awesome one. We even went ahead and bought our paint afterwards. Cant wait for Shaker Beige to throw up on my walls! ;) We have so much to do over the next few days. Father's Day AND Logan's birthday Sunday...although his party is not until the 29th. Then there is painting and our move and the extra fun part...the boys have their interviews with Times Daily on Monday. Alot of excitement at once.....Really wish I had time to watch Man of Steel again today...so serious :)
The real Superman doesnt share fortune cookies! ;)
Kal-El and I fought over glasses on the way there!
Saturday, June 15, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- June (2)
- April (2)
- March (1)
- January (1)
- December (2)
- November (3)
- September (3)
- August (11)
- July (1)
- June (8)
- May (1)
- April (5)
- February (2)
- January (3)
- December (8)
- November (2)
- October (9)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (1)
- June (2)
- May (5)
- April (2)
- March (4)
- February (4)
- January (2)
- December (11)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (5)
- August (3)
- July (9)
- June (11)
- May (4)
- April (6)
- March (7)
- February (5)
- January (7)
- December (9)
- November (11)
- October (9)
- September (11)
- August (11)
- July (11)
- June (12)
- May (12)
- April (15)
- March (12)
- February (13)
- January (16)
- December (18)
- November (11)
- October (14)
- September (14)
- August (13)
- July (10)
- June (15)
- May (16)
- April (14)
- March (15)
- February (13)
- January (13)
- December (13)
- November (9)
- October (17)
- September (15)
- August (13)
- July (16)
- June (16)
- May (15)
- April (16)
- March (15)
- February (12)
- January (16)
- December (15)
- November (6)
- October (3)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (10)

No comments:
Post a Comment