Chris and I started home shopping about 3 months ago and it seemed like there was literally nothing on the market for us. We had an excepted offer on a home that we found just a couple of miles from our current home in Rivermont but it had a contingency offer on it and it allowed it to be sold right out from under us. We were extremely let down but forged onward in our search. We tried our best to stay in Colbert county sense thats where all of the family is but it wasnt possible. We did, however, find something we love in Florence. It may sound silly even speaking of the little 20 min difference and as young people its not a big deal at all. I even think we'll like Florence better. I just know how hard of an adjustment it will be for my sweet Nannie and Poppa. Its a little less easy to get around when you are their age. There are so many things that we will all miss as a family that I have not even thought of until I sat down to write this post.
The little things are what I will miss most most. I'm nearly 31 years old and to this day I still blow kisses to my 85 year old grandfather if he's outside when I'm leaving the house in my car.They have been right beside me for as long as I can remember. My grandfather even built this house...so you can see why this is even MORE emotional for me than a simple move. We truly did think about staying and we would of gotten an amazing deal on this house considering I know the seller well lol but at the end of the day there was just too much work and upkeep and changes that needed to made that prevented it from working for us.
With that being said I'm still over the top excited about the new place! Its a bit more sf footage than we have now but its one level (hooooray!!!) A brick ranch style home. Its classic. We love it. I absolutely can't wait to make it ours. I dont get into home fads..at all. I hate them. If everyone is doing the same thing in a kitchen or bath at once I stay far far way unless I truly, genuinely love it! I love character and personal touches in homes and in all of the houses I've seen the ones I always swoon over are not the ones that are huge, or with the latest hardwear that all looks the same after awhile...its the ones with the amazing details and artistic touches everywhere. I just love unique things and I hope I can reflect that in our new home. We sign the papers on tomorrow and then I get to buy paint. Pretty excited about the decor part. I'm struggled to find a style that I really love. I took to Pinterest...mistake...I hate it to as you know. Its simply a very condensed internet where the same old images and pins and regurgitated over and over. No thanks. It wasnt until I stepped away that ideas starting coming to me..just like my parties :) I've always adored global looking decor. Spanish, Mediterranean, etc...but Ive also always loved rustic Shabby Chic. I "birthed" an idea for the perfect way to combine them. I'm going to do a Spanish cottage look for the living room. That was the only room I was having an issue deciding on. Im a color phobic so I'll be on the hunt for some amazing neutrals. I love texture, and colorful accent pieces but I despise color on the wall. I am making one exception to this for the boys rooms. I'm on a mission to find the perfect Superhero blue for a vintage superhero bedroom! Stay tuned :0)

No comments:
Post a Comment