We have a lovely eclectic mix of bloodlines in our little family. We can claim many ethnic groups but Irish happens not to fall in that mix. We don't celebrate it in a big way other than maybe wearing a little green :) It's still fun to acknowledge holidays that may be important to others. Normally, I love a good theme if for no other reason it presents a great opportunity to do a table scape and matching dessert. It just so happens that no holiday in March could ever get very much time designated to it because it's birthday month for one of my superheros! That and the fact that Mom and Dad are both on a diet....so no green cupcakes or four leaf clover cookies. :( Heart breaking I know. I decided to at least celebrate in a small way by grabbing my boys a Shamrock Shake. Probably my laziest holiday effort to date lol! Kal-el refused to wear green today even though it truly is his favorite color. He wanted to wear one of his Superman shirts. I couldn't argue. I talked Chris into having a shake as well since he is obviously going to make fight weight for next month. I knew the shakes were for a limited amount of time and I didn't want him to miss out on the MINT "flavor".
Which brings me to our topic of debate. MINT. Ugh. Chris LOVES mint especially with chocolate. I on the other hand think it's like eating toothpaste and can't stand it. I was curious to see what Kal-el would think of it. His taste in food is very similar to mine so I thought he may not care for it but I wanted him to try anyway. He ended up being unenthused with the green treat. He drank about half and wondered off. He neither loved nor hated it. Looks like he he's a combo of us when it comes to mint. I think he liked the color more than anything....no surprise there. Happy Saint Patrick's Day!
Saturday, March 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- June (2)
- April (2)
- March (1)
- January (1)
- December (2)
- November (3)
- September (3)
- August (11)
- July (1)
- June (8)
- May (1)
- April (5)
- February (2)
- January (3)
- December (8)
- November (2)
- October (9)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (1)
- June (2)
- May (5)
- April (2)
- March (4)
- February (4)
- January (2)
- December (11)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (5)
- August (3)
- July (9)
- June (11)
- May (4)
- April (6)
- March (7)
- February (5)
- January (7)
- December (9)
- November (11)
- October (9)
- September (11)
- August (11)
- July (11)
- June (12)
- May (12)
- April (15)
- March (12)
- February (13)
- January (16)
- December (18)
- November (11)
- October (14)
- September (14)
- August (13)
- July (10)
- June (15)
- May (16)
- April (14)
- March (15)
- February (13)
- January (13)
- December (13)
- November (9)
- October (17)
- September (15)
- August (13)
- July (16)
- June (16)
- May (15)
- April (16)
- March (15)
- February (12)
- January (16)
- December (15)
- November (6)
- October (3)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (10)

I LOVE MINT!
ReplyDelete